Sunday, February 3, 2013

Recyclable Easiest Elegance


This is one of the easiest and more elegant ideas I have had. It's  glamorous enough to be categorized under my "Old Hollywood Glamour," but also under "Fabulous Fashion Decor" and it's economical and recyclable.  I bought 2 fresh firm pineapples that happened to have the green tops cut off. For only 99 cents each at an LA 99 Cents Store.    I located  beautiful twisted candles at an LA Bargain Dollar Store,  3 candle pack for $1.29.     Placing a gold satin look sheet on the dining table as a table cloth ( I had bought this new sheet  for $3.00 over a year ago at another thrift store in LA  and I only use it for a table cloth.)      I used one of my favorite footed clear glass vases filled with the gold plastic beads I've had for years, allowing beads to drape onto the table. I added in my skewered red peppers. I had my centerpiece.     I used a small paring knife to cut a hole in the top center of each pineapple. Wrapping a little clear tape around the candle bottoms, I simply placed a beautiful pale green candle in each pineapple . They couldn't look more elegant!!!      I can enjoy eating the pineapples and peppers at other meals . ......And what a gorgeous table for an evening for two , or even for a party. I love elegance, glamour and saving money for other treasures!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment