Tuesday, February 12, 2013

From Nerdy Sweater To Elegant Shawl

This lovely shawl I am wearing is recycled. It was a sweater in a style I didn't like. I cut the pieces from each front and back and sewed it all together again matching the stripes. I have worn it a lot since remaking it into a shawl, transforming it from nerdiness to elegance. The fabric is soft and comfortable, medium weight knit and as I have a lot of black and red clothes, it goes with many of my outfits.     The red dress I am wearing is made in China by Periwinkle, 95% polyester, 5% spandex, purchased several years ago for $12 at an LA Ross store. It has a 3 inch back neck slit with button closures. It also features rose petal like circles of the same fabric sewn all the way around the neckline.      The beautiful necklace is of faux rubies  bought at Wal-Mart for $3.    Knee high genuine leather boots were $5 from A Goodwill Store.     A silver metal shoulder strap pocketbook completes the look.   My beautiful shawl worn here on an exciting tour on board  the Queen Mary about a year ago. What a beautiful ship, built for a queen and used during W.W.ll  to transport troops, now permanently docked in Long Beach, CA.   

No comments:

Post a Comment