Monday, February 11, 2013

Colorful Cache For Nail Polish



I buy my clothes detergent at the fabulous LA 99 Cents Stores. It is a 64 oz. jug for just 99 cents. It  is LA Totally Awesome brand in regular scent and does an excellent job of cleaning.  The jug is in my favorite color, "red".        I have a number of empties. They are so colorful, I can't bring myself to throw them out.  So-o-o- I thought wouldn't  this make a nice container to hold my nail polish. Beginning with a paring knife I made a one inch slit  in the container. With regular scissors, I then cut the bottom part off exactly 3 inches deep. Pop in all my bottles of nail polish, and I have a pretty colorful container I can place in my dresser drawer to store.     I also took a black styrofoam tray  that cucumbers  came in and cut the styrofoam into I/4 th inch wide strips, cutting the entire length of the tray, about 12 inch long strips, pointing the ends with the scissors..      I placed them upright , as if a floral arrangement, among the bottles of nail polish.  Now it will be pretty enough to leave on top of my dresser or on the bathroom sink counter.     The rest of my detergent jug I will find uses for to I am sure. I can think of lots of uses for these detergent jugs. Washing clothes is a regular necessity so there will be plenty of these materials for my future projects.     I love that this product has a mild fragrance and not overpowering one like so many detergents have, { A great detergent and lots of recycling materials for future projects.! It's like "having your cake and eating it too!!!."





No comments:

Post a Comment