Monday, February 18, 2013

Elderly Lady In Pink



With a lacy white metal loveseat with a white and pink floral setting, I am acting the part of an elderly lady in pink.      This is a dress of my own design.The fabric is from a Virginia Wal-Mart stores Fabric Section. I paid $5 total for this fabric which made a floor length dress and a very long shawl.      The dress is softest pink in color and is nylon stretchy  fabric which is silky and has an almost iridescent sheen. It features a V-neck, is sleeveless style and drapes softly in a loosely fitting A-line.      The fabric came with a self fringed edge on one side which I managed to design so that the fringe is at the bottom of the dress, in lieu of hemming.      The shawl, I designed that the fringe would be on either end as it drapes softly around me.     I wore silver wire rimmed  ":granny style" glasses, red manicured nails and held my body. hands, head,and facial expressions, the way an elderly person might. Creating the look of a sweet little old granny, enjoying a peaceful afternoon in the back flower garden. It was fun portraying "The Elderly Lady In Pink."


No comments:

Post a Comment