Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Ugly Table Redeaux From Ugliness To Elegance



This small round table was so ugly when I purchased it an an LA thrift store  for only $2.99. I hosed it off,washed it with detergent, thoroughly dried it outdoors in the sun. Then spray painted it chrome all over.   It is a 3 shelf round spool legged table. I love tables almost all kinds, but it looked so bad before I painted it. Next II put a silver plated  plate on top shelf that I had bought at an LA thrift store for $1.00., another 2  of the same price on the other 2 shelves. I bought 1 chrome plate at an LA  99 Cent Only store. I propped a long silver plated tray on the back side of table, this was a beautiful piece I had bought for about $3.00 at an LA thrift store. I stored the plates and tray on this table as if it were a china closet. I bought a plastic footed  vase that is silver at an LA thrift store for 25 cents.I sat that on the top silver plate on the top shelf of the table. By having some genuine silver plates on the table, blended in, it makes all of the plates and plastic vase even, look like real silver.    Inside the 25 cent  plastic vase is another of my recycling delights, a dry plant that looks very expensive and beautiful. When I buy fresh pineapple with the green tops on, I carefully cut the tops off with a knife. I remove absolutely all traces of fruit from the bottom of the greenery, so no insects or flies would be attracted to the greenery.I dry for a number of days and when completely dried to pale green and beige, I plop it into the silver vase as a dry arrangement that is one simple step, it's lovely and elegant.  So table and silver all together cost about $10.00. That's a lot of impact for the money.....And now my ugly table is so beautiful, I don't really want to part with it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment