Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fabulously Beautiful Recyled Creations





This may be the most fantastic use of creative recycling I have accomplished. It is definitely one of my favorites. I adore Greek yogurt single servings and of course another favorite is chocolate pudding cups. Both of these products have foil lids. I always try to remove them carefully so as not to tear them. I wash the lids and dry thoroughly and store them in one of my empty clear box salad containers. When I want something fun to do, I enjoy cutting the foil lids into decorations. I take one foil lid, using regular scissors, I cut slits in four corner, cutting toward the center of the lid but leaving enough center to still hold the lid together. I then make approximately 1/8" to 1/4" cuts all around the lid, fringing it in effect.    I use these shiny foil side up, to decorate packages. Words printed on the other side will be face down on the gift wrapping  paper so no words show.  

Depending on the size of the package and also on how elaborate I want my gift decoration to be, determines how many fringed lids I use. Even one looks nice but by using two rows of 3 or 5 in a row and then single ones at either end of the row, I achieve gloriously glamorous gift decorations. I push the two rows together, squeezing  each row up against the other. Lastly I straighten any bent fringe and push them into a slight curl on the ends but not so much that any words show.    I have never seen prettier decorations on any expensively department store wrapped packages. The packages are especially beautiful with bright pink or red wrapping paper, but looks fabulous on any paper. I have had many compliments on these decorations and they are definitely elegant enough to be included in "Old Hollywood Glamour".         

No comments:

Post a Comment