Sunday, January 27, 2013

Cork Board As Jewelry Holder-Work of Art



I was thrilled when I located for only $1.99, a large cork bulletin board. I had been looking for an inexpensive one to display my costume jewelry on. I next purchased thumb tacks, the push pin ones with plastic on the ends. Next I spray painted the cork board gold. (I use RUST-OLEUM)  specialty Metallic, Bright Reflective Finish, cost about $4.49). Using push pins I was ready to attach either end of my necklaces and bracelets to the cork board. Assembling them across the board with some sort of pattern. So easy to unpin whichever piece of my jewelry I want to wear any given day. It's like grab and go. So I don't just get to enjoy my jewelry whenever I wear it, but enjoy it as art every day.....and so easy to just tack either end back in place  on the cork board  at the end of the day!!!   Jewelry stored away in containers can get damaged rubbing against each other as you rummage through it looking and deciding which piece to wear.  It can also very often get tangled  together and waste precious time untangling when you are in a hurry. Now I don't just get to look at my costume jewelry when I wear it occasionally but enjoy looking at this piece of art every day. It also saves  storage space. What a beautiful and dramatic addition to my decor!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment